Friday, February 28, 2020

Eternal Bliss


It was such an intimate party that he had thrown last April. He made an effort to organize everything despite his hospital duties. He looked genuinely happy that night, talking to his friends at the dinner table. And somehow that made me happy.

I haven’t seen that smile in a long while, that quaint and disarming smile that got me on our first date. He knew I don’t have a lot of friends that I wanted to see. I had issues. He realized because he was the one who comforted me on that fateful night. For six months, he was a constant. He helped me to recover and eventually I got better.

That night, everyone around was extremely supportive, I can see. Before me, they were his constants. I felt the love they have for him, even when at times I have been kept a secret. This night would’ve been perfect, only the party wasn’t mine.

The smile I saw today on the picture was far from the cracked voice and dreary eyes that greeted me on my birthday. Six months ago, he was sorry. On when was supposed to be my happiest, I was distressed. He didn’t say a thing, but I knew he already made a choice. On that day, I also made mine.

Six months ago, he made a choice. He chose his happiness, his eternal bliss.
There are a lot of things that I miss but now, I’m closing all the doors and throwing out the keys.

No comments:

Post a Comment